Monday, November 21, 2011

Words: Wisdom


I have this quote taped to my bedroom mirror. I try to etch it into my soul every day. 

“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” 
― Ayn Rand

My eyes were opened the day that I realized that happiness is not something that is just given to you, but something that you have to fight for. Sometimes every day, sometimes every minute of every day.

Bonus Ayn Rand quote:

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Don’t you just love the phrase, hero in your soul. I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment