Friday, November 4, 2011

Comfort Food

You need this if . . .
You spent most of the afternoon on a conference call with lawyers (lawyers!)


You need this if . . . 
You quickly reached the legal recommended dosage of Ibuprofen after said conference call because your little liberal arts educated head was about to explode.


Pear Raspberry Gingersnap Crumble








 I adapted this recipe from the always lovely Smitten Kitchen, with the following modifications:


I used raspberries instead of cranberries. The market that I went to didn't have any fresh cranberries.  I know! This close to Thanksgiving. The nerve. I liked the idea of having a tart fruit to pair with the sweet pear, so I picked up some raspberries. It turned it out to be a great combination.


I halved the recipe. Yes, I was eating my feelings, but I knew that I didn't want to eat a whole crumble worth of my feelings. The half potion fit perfectly into two a-little-larger-than normal ramekins. One for a little comfort tonight, and one for tomorrow to help ease the aftermath of Saturday Costco trip. 


Yes, man oh man, I need this. 

2 comments :

  1. That looks super yummy! I think I'm going to give it a try! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to tell me how it is with cranberries. I am betting delish.

    ReplyDelete