Sunday, November 20, 2011

Causes: The Yellow Bird Project


While I was watching the Goat Rodeo Sessions Tiny Desk Concert  I was very distracted by the book behind Yo Yo Ma, The Indie Rock Coloring Book. I had to google it. It is a real thing. In fact it is a really good thing. 
Image
It is a product of the Yellow Bird Project, which is a Montreal-based organization that works with an amazing range of indie rock musicians. And when I say amazing I mean the likes of The National. Each band designs a t-shirt and picks a charity that their t-shirt proceeds will go to. I had to, of course, click through all the bands to see their t-shirts and charities. I want one of everything. When is pay day again?  My favorite t-shirt description was from Wolf Parade:  Aren't we all awkward crocodiles hungry for life, trying to dodge the waves of obligation, pain, and stress?

Music will save the world. Mark my words.

p.s. Next time in a ridiculous team building exercise where I have say what animal I would be, I'm saying awkward crocodile. BAM.


No comments :

Post a Comment