Saturday, November 12, 2011

Adaptations

Image

I have never read a Jane Austen book, and more often than not, I dislike so called chick flicks.* But I am not ashamed to admit, I love, with probably unhealthy amounts of adoration, the BBC version of  Pride & Prejudice.  It is why the guy I marry must own a green coat.

*I, on principle, hate anything that compares ladies to chickens.

In other British adaptation news, I feel that on principle,  I have must end my love affair with the band Mumford & Sons, at least for today.  Also, today, I apparently have a lot of principles. They are contributing music to the new film adaptation of Wuthering Heights. This book tops the list of pieces of literature most likely to send me into a fiery rage. I haaaate it.  I will not be seeing the movie. In fact, if I can come up with a clever sign, I may protest it. Fiery. Rage. If you want to listen to the song, go here, I can't make myself do it. And if you do, please tell me it is horrible. 

No comments :

Post a Comment