Thursday, September 1, 2011

Favorite Things: Homonyms

In the last month I have bought a:
Mandolin


And a:
Mandolin

For some reason, discovering this made me feel extremely clever.

The (musical) mandolin was cheap, in every sense of the word. I have to tune it every, every time I play it, and I know that it is just a matter of time before one of the strings break. But I am slowly building callouses on my fingers as I am slowly learning that there is nothing more lovely than a tuned mandolin.

I have been forlornly passing the mandolins in the kitchen gadgets store for a while. Sigh, I guess squash noodles aren’t vital for my survival. But then I found one on sale this week and I knew it was meant to be. I see lots of perfectly sliced vegetables in my future. *Ok, technically the slicely thing is a mandoline, but whatever, don't be raining on my word parade, it is misspelled all the time in cookbooks.*  

No comments :

Post a Comment