Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Song of the Week: Frightened Rabbit

I have a friend whose favorite movie is Braveheart. You just have to utter the three little words, “Sons of Scotland,” and she physically cannot resist the urge to recite the whole warrior speech with plenty of vigor and dramatic hand gestures. It is quite a fun game.



I will admit, I usually join in at the end, freeeeeeeeedom. I cannot resist a good battle cry.

This is the same friend who has barred me from stepping foot in Scotland without her. This is getting increasing hard to do. But since I am such a good friend, I just go hang out in the Lake District instead.

Yeah, loyality is so hard sometimes.

Yesterday was the anniversary of the 1305 execution of Braveheart himself, William Wallace, and I thought a little Scottish music was in order. But instead of a pipe and drum band, which is what everyone is expecting, I thought I would share a nice little tune from one of my favorite Scottish bands, Frightened Rabbit:


Some of the Scottish charm comes from their lovely brogue, so as a bonus, here is a short interview with Frightened Rabbit's singer Scott Hutchison. You're welcome.




2 comments :

  1. I gotta get me some of those blue eyelashes. :)
    I forgot to mention earlier to those interested...one of the people I met with while at Mayo was from Scotland. I got to talk to him for an hour and a half. He had such a brogue that there were a few times I didn't understand what he said. I had to concentrate to understand him sometimes. He was super helpful and fun to listen to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the interviewer is a little annoying, but the Scots tend to have lets say, *colorful* vocab, so since I am a lady (or pretend to be on Tuesdays and Wednesdays), I had to find a pretty clean interview to post.

    ReplyDelete