Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Perfect Picnic

I love eating outside, if the weather and wildlife would cooperate, I would probably eat all three meals of the day outside.

Tips for a Perfect Picnic:

Pack your food in a real containers, not plastic bags. I learned this sad lesson one Fourth of July when my favorite Pine Nut and Rosemary Shortbread cookies arrived to the picnic as a crumbled mess. These are my absolute favorite cookies, like stop reading the blog and go make them now. NOW.

I am still on the hunt for the perfect picnic basket, right now I just pack up lovely tote bags.  I am also a fan of using real plates. Overflowing trash cans at parks just make me sad.



Picnic fashion calls for plenty of bare feet!


Pack the perfect snacks. And for the picnics, the perfect snacks are fruit and cheese.

From the top  of the plate and going clockwise: Crackers, brie and goat cheese, Chocolate Shortbread cookies, cherries, strawberries, pineapple, green apples.

Make sure your snack combinations are pretty.
 Strawberries, green apple, Havarti cheese

My favorite: goat cheese and strawberries, and just for kicks: Trader Joe's peanut butter cups

If the opportunity arrives, watch a movie that you have seen a million times before, but you still love and clap for like it is your first time. That National Symphony Orchestra supplied the  Casablanca score and I supplied all the claps and squeals: "We'll always have Paris!"









No comments :

Post a Comment