Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Local Eats: Evening Star Cafe & Natalia's

A couple of eateries to add to your foodie list:

Evening Star Cafe
Alexandria, VA (Del Ray area)
My maiden journey to this restaurant was for Miss M's birthday, but I will definitely be back. It was too dark in the restaurant to take pictures . . .and I also might have eaten the excellent food too fast to document it, but let's blame it on the lack of lighting. The chef, Will Artley, was recently featured on We Love DC.

What I ate: (shared appetizer) Baked Brie with apples and honey
                  (entree) Caramelized Tomato Ravioli with Goat Cheese, Roasted Mushrooms, Sauteed      
                               Spinach, Preserved Lemons with a Blue Cheese Sauce.
Um, divine.

Natalia's Elegant Creations
Falls Church, VA
When my parents were in town, my mother and I stopped into this charming European bakery/cafe for morning tea. They had a small, but lovely selection of tempting treats, including a good selection of gluten free choices. The board displayed wonderful sounding sandwiches, but we were there for a sugar high.
What I ate: Pistachio Mousse in a Chocolate Cup
Um, double divine.

No comments :

Post a Comment