Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Lazy Saturday

Yesterday was a lazy Saturday.


I went shopping for brie filled dates,
sparkling lemonade,
and good European chocolate.


I read,
wrote a little,
then read some more.


I thought of my Missouri friends
and wished I was there with them.
Did you feel my good vibrations?


I listened to music.
And when the brainchild came,
I danced to music.


I played notes and chords on various instruments.
Freeing the thoughts and feelings
that I haven't quite found words for yet.


Like a cat, I feel asleep,
a luxurious summertime nap,
under a window that was flooded with sunlight.


But as I was strumming along
on a cheap mandolin
that I had picked up for 20 dollars,


The thought came to me:
I am not a poet, a minstrel player
of olden days


With wealthy patrons
paying me to lay around
and write and play to my soul's content


But, what a nice thought.


In the chit chat of Monday morning elevators
my Saturday would be seen as
unproductive, do nothing,  and well, lazy


So I went out and mowed the lawn
finishing the last jungle corner
under the moon


Singing Irish drinking songs
out loud and with pep
disguised by the roar of mower


When I came back into the house
The Army Ranger t-shirt I stole from my dad
soaking in a gallon of sweat


I thought
with a smile
what a productive Saturday!





No comments :

Post a Comment