Friday, August 12, 2011

In Case You Missed It

Faves from this week on the world wide webs:

How to talk to girls: This article has been floating around for awhile, and I am sure that everyone has seen and read it by now, but I still love it. When we talk to little girls, our first instinct is to tell them how cute they are, but maybe there are other things we can talk to these little souls about.

New Four Stevens album: I have known Four Stevens and his lovely wife for several years now, quality people, quality music. I have heard that they are already teaching their baby boy the drums for the next album!

The London Riots via The Boston Globe's Big Picture Parts1 and 2: so sad. There are many different social undercurrents going on that are hard to understand, but easy to judge, but it so heartbreaking to see such a beautiful, magical city being broken.

Recipes that I am dying to try: Coconut Red Lentil Soup via 101 Cookbooks and Summer Succotash Quesadillas via Peas and Thank You

New Photo exhibit: Little Pictures, Big Lives at the Smithsonian Museum's National Portrait Gallery. I am a sucker for photo exhibits. Since I get off an hour early in August, I am already penciling in a evening field trip to sneak a peak at this exhibit.

Happy Weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment