Thursday, August 18, 2011

Favorite Things: Anticipation


When I was younger I thought being on the guest list for a show was the coolest thing since ice cream on a stick. But now, I am completely fine with having a ticket. I never, ever do the print at home option, or will call if I can help it. I love the anticipation of waiting for the ticket in the mail, then the excitement of pulling the ticket out of the envelope, carefully reading over  all the printed names and times. And then I tenderly place the ticket on my mirror, a visual, daily reminder of things to come. 


(All the shows I will be seeing this Fall, so far. The only one I am missing is for the Low Anthem, who are doing the new thing in concert ticket sales: to send scalpers back to the sewers, all tickets are at will call and you have to show id to pick them up.)

Freely Fancying France in the Fall

No comments :

Post a Comment