Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Song of the Week: William Elliott Whitmore

I got an email from my parents last week that ended with some words of wisdom: Listen to some good music that stirs your soul.  I gladly took this advice and gave William Elliott Whitmore and his new album, Field Songs, quite a few spins today. I don't know which breaks my heart more, his gravely revival tent old preacher man voice, or his beloved banjo. *

Mr. Whitmore is currently touring with some amazing music makers: The Low Anthem later in the Fall (you need to see this band, they will melt your face off in a good way) and Mark Lind and Douglas Sullivan from the Ducky Boys next week in Allston, MA (I played their album, Three Chords and the Truth, until the cd literally fell apart). Ahh, summer music.

 *What can I say, my Tennessee Scots-Irish forefathers must be controlling the music stations in my head as of late. Don't worry, I am sure the gypsies swinging from other branches in the family tree will take over soon.    





No comments :

Post a Comment