Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Made This: Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Blizzard

What do you do when you really want ice cream, but the Clinton Kelly in your head is screaming that  you cannot leave your house in your yoga pants? Put on real pants and go the store? NO! Seriously, who does that? The correct answer is  you make soft serve out of random things in your kitchen.

Oh She Glows, is one of my favorite (vegan) recipe blogs. Obviously, I am not a vegan but I don't discriminate when it comes to food, except for eggs. Ick. Angela Liddon the creator of the blog has many fantastic recipes using soft serve made out of frozen bananas. It's cold, the right texture and made out of bananas. Bananas.

Tonight I tried her Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Blizzard, making a few minor changes reflecting what I did or did not have in my kitchen, 'cause remember, um, yoga pants. I used almonds instead of cashews, agave instead of maple syrup, whole wheat flour instead of brown teff flour and no chocolate chips or rice cereal.

To up the class factor, I layered all the peanut butter-banana goodness a in goblet. Amazing.

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Blizzard

I only ate maybe half of it, but that means leftovers!

1 comment :