Sunday, June 12, 2011

Next Moves

Because of the nature of my job, I will become unemployed when my current project is done.  Even though this end date is many moons away people are constantly asking me what I am going to do when my job ends. This makes me nervous that I should be way more worried about this appending collapse of my life. I think that it is assumed that I will just move on to another office job where I hand out embossed business cards and wear sensible heels. But some days my soul cries out for a change. So I made a list of possible next move options: 

1. Live in lovely London. 
2. Open a pancake stand/creperie on a beach.
3. Learn how to the play the banjo on a porch in Appalachia and eat beans from a can. But folksy banjo, not Deliverance banjo, just to be clear. 

It's good to have options.

No comments :

Post a Comment