Sunday, June 12, 2011

From the Archives: Favorite Photos

London, England, Fall, 2010
Last year I had the great luck to jump the pond and visit the UK a couple times. I have the tendency to fall in love very easily when I travel, not just with handsome fellas, but with the land and the people and the stories about and among it all. I  write out hopes and dreams on little scraps of paper and hide them under rocks or stuff them in other indiscreet places. It is my way of leaving a lit bit of myself everywhere I go, so I won’t forget. And if superstitions are true, which I believe that they are, it assures that I will come back someday.

No matter how cliché it sounds, London really is a magical city. Part is it because it is old and haunted, in a good way, by all the people and stories and events of the past. But also, the mind bending clash of everything you can think of. High teas, and curry houses, museums and street musicians.  It is a city that I just want to absorb.







No comments :

Post a Comment