Thursday, June 16, 2011

Favorite Things: Moleskine Notebook

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train. --Oscar Wilde
My pocket size Moleskine notebook was a gift from my sister.  It might look simple and ordinary  but it has become a beloved companion. It has been with me on walks along the Welsh coastline, lectures from famous people, almost a dozen airports, boring days at work, and literally across the country from sea to shining sea. It is filled with travel recollections, driving directions, praises of goat cheese, people watching observations, lists of every sort, and borrowed words of the others.  It isn't so much a diary, as in the "Dear Diary," sense but more like a butterfly net trapping fleeting thoughts and moments. I often don’t use complete sentences in it and my entries definitely aren’t in chronological order. But flipping through it, I see where I have been and what I have done and that makes me overjoyed for whatever new adventures lay ahead of me, just waiting to be experienced and recorded.


No comments :

Post a Comment