Sunday, June 26, 2011

Entertaining: Saying Good-bye

Steps to having a successful night of entertaining:

1. This first step is absolutely necessary, so pay attention. Kick off your shoes and run through a sprinkler and freshly mowed grass.


2.  Raid the Mediterranean bar at Wegmans for fresh bruschetta, salsas, cheeses and freshly baked baguettes. Wegmans is a little bit out of my way, but it is worth the drive. If it had a fan club, I would lobby to be president.


3. Make darling mini desserts.
Bannoffe Mini Pies (Banana + toffee = bite size awesome)


Mini Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes (recipe from Martha Stewart's Cupcake Cookbook)

4. Invite great friends. A few friends came over that I hadn't seen in a long while. In the midst of a quite animated conversation (insane ramblings) about music and travel, J stopped me. "You're so passionate about this stuff. It is who you are. It is so sad to see you talk about work, where you spend the most of  your time, and not have any of this passion." See, I have great friends that make acute observations and tell me what I need to hear, and also keep me in the know about bluegrass festivals.

5. Say good-bye to a dear friend. The party was called to order to say good-bye to M. She was one of the first people that I called a friend after moving to the east coast. We have traveled up and down the coast from Savannah, Georgia to Quebec, Canada. She completely understands the need for spontaneous dance parties, when music fills you up and you need to move your feet, you need to move your feet. She is hopping over to the west coast to pursue her culinary dreams. Seems like I have been saying good to a lot friends lately, and for all good reasons. I love seeing people that I care for progress in their lives, find love and babies, be brave and take chances and follow their dreams. That is what life is all about, moving, changing. But it is still sad when they leave, especially when you feel you are doing all the good-bying way too often. Thank goodness for hugs and chocolate.

M +I + friends hanging out in Parc de la Mauricie, Quebec

No comments :

Post a Comment